Today I’d like to share with our clients, readers and friends a recap of past year, as we look forward to the year ahead:
- Michigan Auto Law has now received the top-reported jury verdict or settlement for an auto or truck accident case for the past 17 consecutive years, according to Attorney at Law Magazine and Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
- Steven Gursten and Thomas James recovered a $7 million settlement for a car accident in Oakland County. The settlement also included a $3 million contribution from the defendant over insurance policy limits.
- Robert Raitt and Alison Duffy secured a $4.6 million jury verdict for an accident victim with a brain injury. The defense only offered $300,000 before trial.
- Steve’s settlement of $34 million for a truck accident last November is the largest truck accident settlement in the United States for 2014, and was the largest truck settlement ever by a Michigan attorney.
- But even more important than our trial verdicts and settlement results is how we treat our clients. We strive to treat everyone with compassion and to provide excellent communication. We promptly return every phone call. Reflecting these values, Michigan Auto Law once again received the prestigious “Clients’ Choice” award from Avvo for extraordinary client service in 2015.
- Five of our attorneys are now listed in Best Lawyers in America, an honor limited to the top 2.4% of all attorneys in the nation. New to the 2015 list is trial attorney Ian Freed.
- 11 of our attorneys are Michigan Super Lawyers, a distinction limited to the top 5% of all Michigan lawyers.
- All four Michigan Auto Law partners – Steven and Larry Gursten, Leonard Koltonow and Robert Raitt – are also listed by Avvo with “Superb” 10/10 legal ratings.
- Robert Raitt, a Michigan Association for Justice Past President, was elected to the Executive Board of the Negligence Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Jordan Jones was selected an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly and was also named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
- Alison Duffy was named a “Top Female Attorney in Michigan” by Hour Magazine.
- Steven was voted President of the national Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association.
- Steven is also the incoming President of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, and serves on the Executive Board of the Melvin M. Belli Society. He is a past-chair of the AAJ Truck Accident Litigation Group.
- 2015 was a busy year, with our attorneys speaking at many legal seminars throughout the country. Here’s a full list of our legal seminars.
At Michigan Auto Law, our attorneys do not advertise on television, buses and billboards. We have committed to focusing instead on delivering great client service and working hard to achieve top legal results.
We couldn’t do it without our clients and friends of the firm. Thank you for allowing us one more year of serving you, and allowing us to make a positive difference in so many lives.