As 2014 comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment to share with our clients and friends all of the fantastic things our firm accomplished this year. The awards and honors are great, but they’re truly a reflection of our dedication to our clients.
Looking back on 2014:
- Michigan Auto Law has now received the top-reported jury verdict or settlement for an auto or truck accident case for the past 16 consecutive years, according to Attorney at Law Magazine and Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
- In November, Steven Gursten recovered a $34 million truck accident settlement after the first day of trial. This is the largest-reported truck accident settlement in the country for 2014. It is also the largest settlement ever for a motor vehicle accident by a Michigan attorney, according to VerdictSearch.
- Just as important as our verdict and settlement results is how we treat our clients. Michigan Auto Law again received the “Client’s Choice” award from Avvo for extraordinary client service and communication in 2014.
- Four of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America, an honor limited to the top 2.4% of all attorneys in the nation.
- Steve was voted among the Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan, out of nearly 60,000 Michigan lawyers, and one of only five in the area of plaintiff personal injury law. This was based upon a state-wide survey of attorneys by Super Lawyers.
- Alison Duffy has been selected an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
- All four Michigan Auto Law partners – Steve and Larry Gursten, Lenny Koltonow and Bobby Raitt – are listed by Avvo with “Superb” 10/10 legal ratings.
- 11 of our attorneys are Michigan Super Lawyers, a distinction limited to the top 5% of all Michigan lawyers.
- Steve was elected President of the national Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association. He is also the Treasurer of the American Association for Justice Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, and serves on the Executive Board of the Melvin M. Belli Society.
- Bobby Raitt, a Michigan Association for Justice Past President, serves on the Negligence Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Michigan Auto Law was given a 2014 Litigator Award honoring the top 1% of all lawyers in the country, by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents.
- Our lawyers spoke at many legal seminars on personal injury litigation and trial work in Michigan and throughout the U.S.
We will continue to work our hardest to provide our clients with an unmatched level of service and communication, and the same top settlements and verdicts in years past. And we wish you all a Happy New Year. As always, don’t hesitate to call if you need anything. Our attorneys are always here to help.