Have you been injured? you may have a case. GET A FREE CONSULTATION

Can I get my vehicle damage covered by insurance in Michigan?

June 3, 2014 by Steven M. Gursten

How the Michigan Mini Tort works, and how it will pay for  car damage

The most common question I get as an  auto accident attorney is, “How do I pay for my car damage?”

I probably answer this question at least once a day. The answer to getting your vehicle damage paid for is that the Michigan Mini Tort law allows you to recover up to $1,000 for auto accident-related vehicle damage from the insurance company of the driver who causes the crash.

This is called a mini tort claim.

Of course, most people have never even heard of the Mini Tort law until after they’ve been involved in a car accident and they’re faced with a dented bumper or other car damage.   So I’ve put together a simple infographic that shows, step by step, how the Michigan mini tort law works:

You do not need to hire an accident lawyer to help you recover your mini tort.  You can download a sample mini tort letter here. This is a letter to the No-Fault insurance company of at-fault driver (the driver who is at fault for causing the car accident) requesting the mini tort to repair your vehicle damage.

[Community Guidelines]

Related Posts
What to do after an Uber accident or Lyft accident
What to do after an Uber or Lyft accident
February 18, 2019
Driver Responsibility Fee in Michigan - -Waived 2018
No more…Michigan Driver Responsibility Fee Waived in 2018
October 11, 2018
Top driving tips for safe Labor Day weekend trips
August 31, 2018