I’d like to wish all of our readers and friends a wonderful start to 2014. For the attorneys and all the support staff that help make Michigan Auto Law a special place to work, 2013 was a fantastic year. Today, I wanted to share an update on some of Michigan Auto Law’s accomplishments over the past year.
To me, the most important things that I can offer as an attorney are client care and results. And I have good news to report on both fronts. To begin the year, we received a special “Client’s Choice” award from Avvo for extraordinary client service in 2013. And as far as trial and settlement results, our lawyers have received the top-reported settlement or trial verdict for automobile accidents in Michigan for the past 16 years, according to Attorney at Law Magazine.
I believe these results come from giving our clients a very special level of service that is unusual for lawyers – and that level of service starts with returning every client phone call as quickly as possible and having exceptional communication with the people we are entrusted to help.
The year that was – Reflections on 2012-13:
- Over the past year, we had two trial verdicts of over $2 million dollars, and several notable million-dollar settlements, including one by Kevin Seiferheld and Josh Terebelo of $2.5 million shortly before trial in a truck accident case for a serious back injury.
- I was again elected President of the national Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association.
- I was also awarded the Top 10 Attorney Award in Michigan by the National Academy of Personal Injury Lawyers.
- All five Michigan Auto Law partners are listed by Avvo with “Superb” 10/10 legal ratings. Michigan Auto Law also received a prestigious “Client’s Choice” award from Avvo for extraordinary client service.
- Two of our lawyers were voted in the Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan, out of nearly 60,000 Michigan lawyers. This was based upon the total point totals based upon a state-wide survey by Super Lawyers. Of the Top 100, only five practice plaintiff personal injury law.
- Twelve of our attorneys are named Michigan Super Lawyers, a special distinction limited to the top 5% of Michigan lawyers.
- Four of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America, a special honor limited to the top 2.4% of all attorneys in the nation.
- Our office volunteered at Forgotten Harvest, and our attorneys spoke to hundreds of high school students about the dangers of distracted driving and texting while driving.
- Our attorneys also spoke at several legal seminars on personal injury litigation and trial advocacy, including :
- “Innovative Ways to Argue Damages in Personal Injury Cases,” Louisiana Association for Justice; New Orleans, LA; December 2013
- “Jury Bias: Battling the Misperceptions of Tort Reform,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; October 2013
- “Emerging Trends for Personal Injury Lawyers,” TAOS Injury Lawyers, ; Sagamore, NY; October 2013
- “Maximizing Damages in Truck Wreck Cases,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; September 2013
- “Hidden Injuries in the Bus, School Bus and Truck Accident Case,” American Association for Justice; San Francisco, CA; July 2013
- “How to Win a Truck Accident Case with 5 Truckers on Your Jury,” Melvin M. Belli Society; San Francisco, CA; July 2013
- “How to Maximize Auto Accident Settlements and Building a 21st Century Personal Injury Law Office,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar; Atlantic City, NJ; April 2013
- “The Defense Medical Examination,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; April 2013
- “Auto Accident Claims: The Influence of Colossus on Recoveries,” Strafford; CLE Webinar; November 2012
- “Helping Accident Victims: A Fresh Approach for Injury Lawyers,” TAOS Injury Lawyers; Jackson Hole, WY; October 2012
- “Understanding Auto Insurance Industry Tactics,” Michigan Association for Justice Young Lawyers Forum; Southfield, MI; September, 2012
- “New Ways to Overcome Jury Bias and Increase Personal Injury Damages,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; August 2012
- “How to Maximize Damages in Truck Accident Lawsuits,” 360 Advocacy Institute; Las Vegas, NV; August 2012
- “How Titan Insurance v. Hyten Affects Victims,” Negligence Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan; Troy, MI; August 2012
- “Getting the Highest Car Accident Settlement,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; July 2012
- “How to Get the Highest Settlement in Car Accident Cases,” American Association for Justice Jazz Fest Seminar; New Orleans, LA; May 2012
- “How Bus and Truck Accident Lawsuits are Different,” New Jersey Association for Justice Summer Boardwalk Seminar; Atlantic City, NJ; April 2012
- “Increasing Settlements in Auto Accident Tort Practices,” Florida Justice Association; Orlando, FL; March 2012
- “Representing Auto Accident Victims at Trial,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; March 2012
- “A Career as a Personal Injury Lawyer,” Wayne State University Law School; Detroit, MI; February 2012
- “Winning Trucking Cases,” National Trial Lawyers; Miami, FL; January 2012
For more Michigan Auto Law news, take a look at our press room.
Each of these accomplishments is a reflection of our dedication to protecting auto accident victims, and working hard to provide the highest level of care and service and the best settlement and verdict results possible.
We look forward to 2014.