On Thursday, I will be speaking to other personal injury lawyers at the Florida Justice Association 2012 Workhorse Seminar. My presentation will be about maximizing the value of cases in your auto accident tort practice.
There are no shortcuts or magic tricks to getting more money for your clients who are hurt in car and truck accidents due to the negligence of others.
Given that computer claims software programs like Colossus — which are being used by the insurance industry today — are causing a decrease in the value of many personal injury cases, it’s up to personal injury lawyers to show juries how auto accident injuries have really impaired their clients lives, and to try cases whenever possible.
Personal injuries will not speak for themselves. And often, there are devastating injuries that are overlooked, like chronic pain and traumatic brain injury. These types of injuries are critical to establishing the full extent of your client’s disability. My presentation will explore these serious injuries, which are all too often missed by attorneys. I will also discuss how to help clients by fully documenting all of their injuries.
Also, as I’ve said before, being a lawyer who is known to try cases makes a huge difference in the settlement amount for your client. Bad faith litigation against Allstate and other insurance companies has shown that a lawyer’s reputation as someone willing to take a case to trial can increase the value of a settlement up to four times over the same exact injury lawsuit handled by someone who isn’t known as a credible trial lawyer.
Covering these bases is the key to achieving the highest auto accident settlements possible for your clients.
As an aside, I will be speaking at four more seminars in the coming months. They include:
- New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, “Truck Accidents from Case Selection to Trial,” Atlantic City, New Jersey; April 26-27
- American Association for Justice Damages Seminar, “Maximizing the Value of Injuries, Traumatic Brain Injury and Chronic Pain Syndrome,” New Orleans, Louisiana; May 3-4
- Michigan Association for Justice Seminar, “How to Settle Cases for More Money,” Michigan; July 13
- Michigan Association for Justice No-Fault Institute, Michigan; September 13-14
– Steve Gursten is a personal injury lawyer and head of Michigan Auto Law. He is president of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association. Steve has received the highest auto or truck verdict in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, according to published reports by Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
Michigan Auto Law is the largest law firm exclusively handling car accident, truck accident and motorcycle accident cases throughout the entire state. We have offices in Farmington Hills, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids and Sterling Heights. Call (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our Michigan personal injury lawyers today.