Last week, I spoke and moderated at the Michigan Association for Justice seminar on teaching auto accident lawyers “How to Settle Accident Cases for More Money.”
I stressed that lawyers must understand how computer claims software programs like Colossus, which are being used by the insurance industry today, are changing everything, and how they’re causing a very real decrease in the value of many personal injury cases.
The seminar was a great success. I will be posting videos soon sharing some of my most important tips for Michigan personal injury lawyers. My own topic was “Five Tips to Maximizing Personal Injury Settlements.”
The other speakers were fantastic, and I just want to say thank you once again to everyone who volunteered to help share some very wise insights on how attorneys can better serve their injured clients.
Here’s what they discussed:
* Secrets to Settling Tough Personal Injury Cases: Norman Tucker, Sommers Schwartz, PC, Southfield.
By the way, this forum was on Norman Tucker’s birthday. Norm is past-president of Michigan Association for Justice, and a real credit to our profession. He is a successful and respected trial lawyer who never backs down in fighting for the rights of victims of medical malpractice. Happy Birthday, Norm.
* How to Settle Personal Injury Cases with Pre-Lawsuit Insurance Adjusters: Sheldon Adelson, The Sam Bernstein Law Firm, Farmington Hills
* Maximizing Value-Setting Personal Injury Cases in Litigation: Dan Romano, Romano Law, Southfield
* Confessions from a Former Defense Lawyer – Stop Leaving Money on the Table: Dan Buba, Doehrman Chamberlain, Indianapolis
* Takeaways and Tips from Defense Lawyers: Richard Holmes, Holmes & Wiseley, Grand Rapids
– Steven M. Gursten is recognized as one of the nation’s top attorneys in serious car and truck accident injury cases and No-fault litigation. Michigan Auto Law has received the largest reported jury verdict for an automobile accident case in Michigan in seven of the past 10 years, including 2009, according to published reports.
How to Handle Michigan Auto Accident Cases
13 Ways to Increase the Value of Auto Accident Cases
Enhancing Michigan Auto Accident Damages
Michigan Auto Law is the largest law firm exclusively handling car accident, truck accident and motorcycle accident cases throughout the entire state. We have offices in Farmington Hills, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids and Sterling Heights to better serve you. Call (248) 353-7575 for a free consultation with an auto accident attorney. We can help.