A List of Additional Documents that Can Be Used to Establish Liability
There are many additional documents that can be generated during the course of a trip by a commercial truck, and these documents can be used to establish liability.
Below is a list of important discovery documents that truck accident lawyers can request during the investigation. Often, working with a top accident expert to help you secure this information will be critical.
Discovery documents include:
- Border crossing reports from Michigan to Canada
- Cash advance receipts
- Credit and debit card receipts and statements
- Customs declarations
- Delivery receipts
- Dispatch and assignment records
- Expense vouchers
- Freight bills
- Fuel billing statements
- Fuel receipts
- Gate receipts
- Inspection reports
- Interchange reports
- International Registration Program receipts
- International Fuel Tax Agreement receipts
- Lessor settlement sheets
- Lodging receipts
- Lumper receipts
- Over/short and damage reports
- Overweight/oversize reports and citations
- Ports of entry receipts
- Telephone billing statements
- Toll receipts
- Traffic citations
- Transponder receipts
- Trip permits
- Trip reports
- Truck driver reports
- Weight/scale tickets
Speak with one of our truck accident lawyers today
For help from one of our attorneys now, call Michigan Auto Law at (248) 353-7575. There’s no fee or obligation.
For more information on how Michigan Auto Law can help you, take a look at testimonials from other truck accident victims. You can also read about our truck lawyer qualifications and our 100 percent client satisfaction guarantee.
– My friends David Nissenberg, Richard Traulsen, Morgan Adams, and the Truck Litigation Resource Center, LLC contributed to this information.