Is Being A Personal Injury Lawyer For You?
What’s satisfying for many personal injury lawyers is helping people who are seriously injured through no fault of their own. Hopefully, you will find that for yourselves as well. But to be a personal injury lawyer can be difficult at times. Here are some considerations you might want to make before deciding to embark on a career in personal injury law:
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Are you compassionate and empathetic?
- Do you believe insurance companies have too much power over consumers?
- Do you like fighting for the underdog?
- Are you willing to work long hours to protect people who have been wronged by auto insurance companies?
- Does the no-fault insurance law interest you?
- Are you comfortable with personal injuries or sensitive medical situations?
- Can you handle stress?
- Are you personable?
- Would you be able to keep cool upon hearing “ambulance chaser” jokes, or an insensitive comment by someone at a party?
If you answered “no” to several of these questions, you might want to seriously think about whether this field of law is right for you. You could seek the opinion and experiences of a successful personal injury lawyer, or shadow one for a day. Do your research.
The most important outcome of all of this evaluation and soul searching is that you find an area of law that is interesting, rewarding and fulfilling.
The Best Part About Being a Personal Injury Lawyer
Keep in mind that although there is lots of paper work, a tremendous amount of law and medicine to wrap your head around, traumatized clients, unyielding insurance companies and stressful trials, personal injury law can be incredibly rewarding. It’s why so many of us wanted to become lawyers to begin with – to really help people. To make a difference in people’s lives.
Most of our clients are seriously injured or are mourning a loved one that’s been killed. They’ve lost nearly everything, and they are depending on us to help them survive, recover and live again.
It is a truly noble profession.
Please call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 if you’re interested in our opportunities for law students, or if you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident.