I was in a car accident and my injuries prevented me from working. I lost so much. I was close to losing my home. It had been in my family for generations, but my lawyer Alison helped me stay in my home by getting me a great settlement. I felt like Alison was one of my daughters. We can talk about everything. She is up front and down to earth. She’s a go getter. Alison helped me tremendously by always letting me know what was going on and being available when I had questions. She comforted me and she helped me get my no fault benefits so I could recover from my injuries. I wouldn’t be where I am today with a roof over my head and a strong future without Alison. I’m so grateful.LOAD MORE
Working with Alison
Aside from her experience and impressive track record, one of the things that really sets Alison apart is her commitment to – and success at – being an effective, compassionate advocate both inside and outside of the courtroom. As one of Alison’s clients aptly said: “Alison Duffy represented me in litigation … I liked the fact that she is a go-getter. She kept me informed all the way through the process. I could always get a hold of her by e-mail or phone and she always followed up with me. I knew Alison was fighting for my rights and had my best interests in mind. Alison got me the absolute best settlement she could.”
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Title editor, University of Detroit Mercy Law Review
- Graduated in top 16% of class
- Scholarship, State Bar of Michigan Negligence Section
- Book Award, Conflicts of Law
- Quarterfinalist, G. Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition
Michigan State University
- Graduated Cum Laude, from Honors College
- Dean’s List for seven semesters
- Cole Honors International Study Scholarship
Alison has been selected to the Michigan Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars list since 2012. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The honor is limited to the top 5 percent of Michigan attorneys.
Alison was among the Top Women Attorneys in Michigan by Hour Detroit magazine.
Alison was also named in the “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. This is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys, those who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and leadership as a lawyer under the age of 40.
Alison was named an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. The recognition is for “legal practitioners who are establishing a name for themselves, go above and beyond, and display the ambition, drive, determination and accomplishments that set them apart among their peers — in their first 10 years in practice,” according to the state’s largest legal newspaper.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Society
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice – Executive Board Member
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Ingham County Bar Association
- American Civil Liberties Union
Alison has shown herself to be a proven fighter with experience beyond her years. She’s litigated numerous cases before state and federal court juries. She and Michigan Auto Law partner Robert Raitt won a $4.6 million verdict in a traumatic brain injury case in Wayne County. She also secured a $1 million verdict for a semi-truck accident case involving an illegal turn.
Alison is licensed in state and federal court. She also sits as a case evaluator in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb Counties.
Prior to working for Michigan Auto Law, Alison interned for (now Chief) Judge Denise Page Hood in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Participant, "ICLE Demonstration: Presenting TBI Evidence at Trial"; Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) - On-demand video seminar series; Ann Arbor, MI; November 2019
- Presenter, "How to Deal with Medicare and Medicaid Liens"; No-Fault Summit, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE); Plymouth, MI; May 2019
- Presenter, "Trial Preparation"; Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), On-demand webcast; Ann Arbor, MI; April 2019