Michigan Truck Accident Statistics
Below are some 2011 statistics about Michigan truck accidents. They are the latest statistics available, from the Michigan State Police Office of Highway Safety Planning, Michigan Traffic Crash Facts:
Michigan truck accident deaths and injuries:
- There were 10,885 accidents involving commercial trucks.
- There were 73 truck accident deaths.
- There were 1,903 truck accident injuries.
Causes of these truck accidents:
- Truck drivers speeding: 314 accidents, 3 deaths, 74 injuries
- Truck drivers failing to yield and disregarding traffic lights: 657 accidents, 3 deaths, 160 injuries
- Truck drivers using the wrong lane: 499, 1 death, 49 injuries
- Unable to stop: 844 accidents, 3 deaths, 235 injuries
- Truckers driving carelessly and negligently: 260 accidents, 3 deaths, 55 injuries
As you can see, many of these truck accidents were caused by trucks with safety violations and unsafe truck drivers.
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Michigan, don’t settle for becoming just another statistic at the hands of irresponsible truck companies. Call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. Or you can request a case evaluation by filling out our contact form.