When is the right time to contact a car accident lawyer in Michigan?
The first year is the most critical for injury victims, but you can always call an attorney for help
It's never too early to contact a Michigan lawyer who handles car accident cases. Good legal advice from the start can help injury victims avoid devastating loss of legal rights, medical benefits and the ability to receive fair compensation.
Even if you choose not to hire a lawyer, there's no harm in getting initial guidance on how to protect yourself. Call Michigan Auto Law at to speak with one of our car accident lawyers now.
Call a Michigan car accident lawyer when these circumstances exist
The first year following a serious car accident is the most critical for injured victims, in relation to getting the right medical care and obtaining fair compensation. But, it's also never too late to involve a car accident attorney – regardless of the history or circumstances surrounding the case.
It is especially important to contact a Michigan car accident lawyer in the following instances:
- There is serious personal injury or wrongful death resulting from the auto accident.
- When personal injuries from the car accident impair your ability to perform (or enjoy) previous tasks, including work, household chores, hobbies, sports and relationships.
- The Michigan police report does not accurately portray the circumstances of the car accident, or there is disagreement regarding driver negligence.
- When you're unsure of how to interpret your auto insurance policy, particularly in relation to notification requirements and coordinated benefits.
- If you are confused about which No-Fault benefits you're eligible for, and time limits for filing appropriate forms.
- When you experience delays from your auto insurance claims adjuster, such as phone calls not being returned, getting passed from one adjuster to the next, multiple requests for medical records, delays or denials of payment, and simply not being heard or believed.
- When bills for car repair and medical expenses are creating a financial burden.
- If any reimbursable expenses are not paid by the auto insurance carrier, a lawsuit must be filed within 12 months from the date the expense was incurred, or you will forever lose your right to reimbursement for that expense.
- Any time you are asked to sign a release by an auto insurance company.
- When the insurance company wants to settle! Never agree to settle without the help of a specialized car accident lawyer.
- If you are instructed to have an independent medical exam (IME), or when important medical tests and referrals to specialists are denied or delayed.
There are countless other reasons to involve a car accident lawyer. To speak with one of our lawyers at any time, call or fill out our free consultation form.
Again, there is no downside, no obligation, and auto accident victims always leave with a better understanding of what can be done to help their lawsuits.