Our list has the 10 Wayne County intersections with the most deaths and injuries from motor vehicle accidents in 2013
Last week, I wrote about the Detroit intersections with the most car accident injuries and fatalities. Today, I’m expanding this to include all of Wayne County.
Below is our list for the roads and intersections in Wayne County with the most car accident injuries and fatalities in 2013. The information comes from the Michigan State Police. The MSP compiles the motor vehicle crash information from UD-10 police reports.
Please use extra care and avoid these areas in Wayne County if you can:
- Ford Road and Haggerty Road, Canton Township, 24 car accidents
- Ford Road and Lilley Road, Canton Township, 16 car accidents
- Dix Toledy Highway and Eureka Road, Southgate, 14 car accidents
- Ford Road and North Beech Daly Road, Dearborn Heights, 14 car accidents
- South Wayne Road and Van Born Road, Romulus, 13 car accidents
- Conner Street and Gratiot Avenue, Detroit, 13 car accidents
- Allen Road and Eureka Road, Southgate, 12 car accidents
- Telegraph Road and West Road, Brownstown Township, 12 car accidents
- Dix Avenue and North M39, Lincoln Park, 12 car accidents
- Ford Road and Middlebelt Road, Garden City, 12 car accidents
The intersection of Ford and Haggerty Roads is the most dangerous in all of Wayne County with 24 injury car accidents for the year. This area ranks consistently among the top in the Southeast Michigan area for both overall motor vehicle crashes as well as injury accidents.
In August, we reported on the top 10 most dangerous Wayne County intersections, but that data was based on all car accidents, the majority of which were fender benders.
We would like to hear from you. Is there another treacherous intersection in Wayne County you would like to see added to the list? Let us know by making a comment below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.