Our list includes the Ingham County roads and intersections with the most reported car accident injuries and deaths in 2013
Below is Michigan Auto Law’s list for the worst roads and intersections in Ingham County for car accident injuries and fatalities. Thanks goes to the Michigan State Police, which compiles the motor vehicle crash information from UD-10 police reports. We’ve reported on dangerous Ingham County intersections, but the previous data was based on all car accidents, the majority of which were fender benders.
Please avoid these areas, if possible:
- Okemos Road West and Grand River Avenue, Meridian Township, 11 car accidents
- East Grand River Avenue and South Hagadorn Road, East Lansing, 10 car accidents
- Abbot Road and West Lake Lansing Road, East Lansing, 10 car accidents
- East Michigan Avenue and South Pennsylvania Avenue, Lansing, 9 car accidents
- East Northrup Street and South Cedar Street, Lansing, 9 car accidents
- East Grand River Avenue and North US 127, Lansing Township, 8 car accidents
- East Miller Road and South Cedar Street, Lansing, 8 car accidents
- South Pennsylvania Avenue and West I-496, Lansing, 8 car accidents
- East Grand River Avenue and North Howard Street, Lansing Township, 8 car accidents
- Marsh Road and West Grand River Avenue, Meridian Township, 8 car accidents
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System
Why are these areas so dangerous? Regarding the top spot of Okemos Road and West Grand River Avenue, an officer from the Ingham County Sheriff’s Department said that although his department doesn’t patrol the area, he knows there is a lot of traffic congestion and close to a nearby shopping center.
Please, drive safe everyone. Stay tuned for more posts on dangerous intersections in other Michigan cities.
Also, we would like to hear your thoughts. Is there a particularly dangerous intersection in Ingham County you would like to see added to the list? Let us know by making a comment below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.