Our 2013 most dangerous list includes the Ann Arbor intersections with the most reported car accident injuries
Last week, I wrote about the top 10 worst roads and intersections in Washtenaw County, including Ypsilanti, Pittsfield Township and Ann Arbor. These are the streets where drivers are most likely to suffer injury or be killed in a car accident. The information comes from the Michigan State Police, and is compiled from UD-10 police reports that are filled out by police officers responding to motor vehicle accidents.
Focusing on Ann Arbor, these are the roads and intersections that had the most reported injury accidents and deaths in 2013. Please avoid these areas, if possible:
- East Huron Street and South Main Street, 6 car accidents
- Church Street and South University Avenue, 6 car accidents
- South Huron Parkway and Washtenaw Avenue, 6 car accidents
- Washtenaw Avenue and Yost Boulevard, 6 car accidents
- Pittsfield Boulevard and Washtenaw Avenue, 6 car accidents
- Ann Arbor Saline Road and West Eisenhower Parkway, 6 car accidents
- East I-94 and I-94 ramp, 5 car accidents
- East Eisenhower Parkway and Eisenhower, 5 car accidents
- East Stadium Boulevard and Washtenaw Avenue, 5 car accidents
- East M-14 and Whitmore Lake Road, 4 car accidents
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting
Note that the top three most dangerous intersections in our Ann Arbor list are also on our list for the worst overall intersections in all of Washtenaw County.
We would like to hear your thoughts. Tell us if you think there’s an intersection that’s missing by making a comment below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.
Meanwhile, to make meeting with your attorney as easy and convenient as possible, Michigan Auto Law has opened an Ann Arbor Michigan Auto Law law office. We have served the Ann Arbor and surrounding Washtenaw community for over a decade. For more information, visit our Ann Arbor law office page.