Watch out for Howard and Stadium, with 52 car accidents in 2013
Howard Street and Stadium Street is Kalamazoo, Michigan’s worst intersection.
Today I’d like to cover the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Kalamazoo, Michigan. “Dangerous” is defined by the number of car accidents that have occurred at these intersections in 2013.
My list comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System, and is based upon the most recent crash statistics for 2013.
Stay away from the following intersections, if possible:
- Howard Street and Stadium, 52 car accidents
- North Drake Road and West Main Street, 51 car accidents
- South Drake Road and West Lake Avenue, 41 car accidents
- South Drake Road and Stadium Drive, 41 car accidents
- Gull Road and South Riverview Drive, 36 car accidents
- South Westnedge Avenue and West Kilgore Road, 33 car accidents
- South Drake Road and West Michigan Avenue, 32 car accidents
- East Cork Street and South Burdick Street, 30 car accidents
- North Park Street and West Kalamazoo Avenue, 27 car accidents
- East Cord Street and Sprinkle Road, 27 car accidents
For our Kalamazoo readers, is there a treacherous intersection you would like to see added? Join the conversation by commenting below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.
For more local information, including how to get a police report after a wreck, visit our webpage on Kalamazoo local resources. You also may visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county, and our list of Michigan’s 2016 Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections.
(Note: these numbers for 2013 may not yet include all data from all townships and all policing agencies as of publication.)