Monroe residents say Telegraph and Stewart Road should be top of the list
Our attorneys recently compiled the Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections for car accidents in Monroe County, and we received a ton of feedback via our blog and social media.
We had more than 1,000 people share this blog post on Facebook and many commenting. The comments included suggestions for other treacherous intersections in Monroe and gripes about speeding drivers who aren’t paying attention..
I wanted to include eight more bad intersections in Monroe County as suggested by our readers:
- Telegraph and Stewart Road: Many readers suggested this intersection, as the timing is different than other city traffic lights.
- M50 and Lewis Avenue: Readers cited speed and driver inattention for the dangers here.
- Telegraph and Dunbar: A dangerous left turn and people trying to beat the lights.
- Dixie Highway and S-75 ramps: People turning on red despite no turn on red sign.
- South Dixie and Dunbar: The blinking light confuses drivers into thinking it’s a four way stop.
- Dundee and 23: Lots of speeders.
- Y intersection at South Stoney Creek: One reader says it feels suicidal to turn here.
- M-50 and Herr Road: More speeders.
For more local resources, including how to obtain a police report, visit our web page on Monroe Local Resources. You also may visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county, and our list of Michigan’s 2016 Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections.
As always, drive safe. And try to avoid these dangerous intersections if you can.