Beware of Davenport Ave. and Hill Street, with 28 auto accidents last year
What are the most dangerous intersections in Saginaw, Michigan? I define “dangerous” by the number of reported motor vehicle accidents that have occurred at these intersections.
My list of the worst intersections in Saginaw comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System – High Crash Intersection Report. The list is based upon the most recent car accident statistics released for 2013.
Try to avoid these intersections if you can:
- Davenport Avenue and Hill Street, 28 car accidents
- Bay Road and Weiss Street, 23 car accidents
- Hill Street and State Street, 20 car accidents
- Houghton Avenue and North Michigan Avenue, 17 car accidents
- Bay Street and Davenport Avenue, 17 car accidents
- North Michigan Avenue and West Holland Avenue, 16 car accidents
- North Michigan Avenue and State/South I-675 ramp, 14 car accidents
- Court Street and South Michigan Avenue, 14 car accidents
- North Michigan Avenue and West Genesee Avenue, 14 car accidents
- Hermansau Street and Weiss Street, 14 car accidents
If you can’t avoid these bad intersections, try and use extra care and caution during your drive.
For our Saginaw readers, what do you think of this list? Is there a dangerous intersection you would like to see added? Tell us how you feel commenting below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.
For more local information, including how to obtain a police report, visit our web page on Saginaw local resources.
(Note: These numbers for 2013 may not yet include all data from all townships and all policing agencies as of publication.)