Read this list to avoid the most liley places for a car accident in the Ingham County and Lansing area
What are the most dangerous intersections in Lansing and Ingham County? Where are you most likely to be involved in a car accident? Our attorneys are helping many people from the Lansing area who were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. So today I thought I’d list the worst intersections in Ingham County.
Our list of is based upon highest number of motor vehicle accidents, and comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System – High Crash Intersection Report.
Here are the Top 10 worst intersections in the Ingham County and Lansing area, based upon the most recent accident statistics that have just been released for 2013:
- East Grand River Ave. and South Hagadorn Road, East Lansing, 64 – the clear winner with the highest number of motor vehicle accidents
- East Jolly Road, at South Cedar Street, Lansing, Michigan, 42 car accidents
- East Saginaw Street at North Homer Street, Lansing Township, 40 traffic accidents
- Abbot Road at West Lake Lansing Road, East Lansing, 36 automobile accidents
- East Saginaw Highway at North Waverly Road, Delta Township, 36 traffic accidents
- East Grand River Avenue and North Clippert Street, Lansing, 34 traffic accidents
- East Saginaw Street and North Clippert Street, Lansing, 33 traffic accidents
- East Grand River Avenue and North Howard Street, Lansing Township, 33 traffic accidents
- Okemos Road and West Grand River Avenue, Meridian Township, 32 crashes
- North Waverly Road and West Michigan Avenue, Delta Township, 29 car accidents
If you can, try to avoid these dangerous intersections. And if that’s just not possible, it helps to give yourself a little bit of extra time and be extra vigilant when driving in these areas.
For all of our Ingham County clients and readers, what streets would you add to this list? Let us know if there’s a particularly dangerous intersection by making a comment below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page. You also may visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county, and our list of Michigan’s 2016 Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections.
For more local Ingham County resources, including how to obtain a police report, visit our webpage on Lansing area resources.
(Note: These are preliminary numbers for 201. It may not yet include complete data from townships and all policing agencies)