A list of the intersections with the most car accidents in West Michigan
In September, I posted the Top 10 Worst Intersections in West Michigan for Car Accidents in 2012. I received a lot of feedback from local residents, and I received so many Facebook posts and e-mails from people who live in Grand Rapids – where Michigan Auto Law has just opened a new long-term office in the beautiful McKay Tower downtown – that I decided to update my post.
Here are the worst intersections in the area, based upon the most recent accident statistics that have just been released for 2013.
Our list of the Top 10 Worst Intersections in Kent County is based upon highest number of motor vehicle accidents. The data comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System – High Crash Intersection Report.
If you can, try and avoid these intersections in West Michigan altogether. Or if they’re completely unavoidable, be aware of the extra traffic and increased risk of being involved in a crash.
- 28th Street Southeast and Breton Road Southeast, Grand Rapids, 50 car crashes
- 44th Street Southwest and Byron Center Avenue, Wyoming, 50 car crashes
- 28th Street Southeast and Broadmoor Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 49 car crashes
- Lake Michigan Drive Northwest and Wilson Avenue Northwest, Walker, Michigan, 46 car crashes
- 28th Street Southeast and Eastern Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 46 car crashes
- East Beltine Avenue Southeast and Lake Eastbrook Boulevard Southeast, Grand Rapids, 46 car crashes
- 28th Street Southeast and South Division Avenue, Grand Rapids, 43 car crashes
- Fuller Avenue Northeast and Michigan Street Northeast, Grand Rapids, 42 car crashes
- 28th street Southwest and Burlingame Avenue Southwest, Grand Rapids, 42 car crashes
- 44th Street Southeast and Eastern Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 42 car crashes
For our Kent County readers, do you agree with this list? Let us know if there’s a dangerous intersection that’s missing by making a comment below or on our Michigan Auto Law Facebook page.
For more local West Michigan resources, including how to obtain a police report and more information on our own downtown Grand Rapids law offices, visit our webpage on Grand Rapids Local Resources.
(Note: These are preliminary numbers for 2013 and may not include complete data from all policing agencies)