The attorneys and professionals at Michigan Auto Law are more committed than ever to helping accident victims and being the top personal injury law firm in Michigan
We’re off to a great 2013, but I wanted to stop for a moment and reflect on the events of 2012.
We have chosen a different and very unique road to travel here at Michigan Auto Law. We do not advertise on television or billboards. We start every year with the goal of being the very best personal injury law firm in Michigan, and based upon how we treat clients and the results we achieve for accident victims, we have other lawyers from around the state refer us cases. We pride ourselves on returning every phone call (the No. 1 complaint about lawyers, by the way) and treating our clients with a special level of service that no other injury law firm can match. So the honors and awards that we’ve received, and the top verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for our clients every year all come from truly caring and a real desire to help people.
Here’s my yearly wrap-up of 2011-12 for all the attorneys at Michigan Auto Law:
- Our law firm received the top-reported verdicts for a truck accident and a car accident, and the top-reported settlement for an auto accident, according to the Michigan Lawyers Weekly year-end verdicts and settlements report.
- Ten of our lawyers recovered trial verdicts of $1 million or more for our clients.
- In November of 2012, Kevin Seiferheld and Joshua Terebelo received a $1.5 million jury verdict on a State Farm $0 offer in Macomb County for a “low vehicle damage” car accident.
- Also in November 2012, Steven Gursten and Thomas James received a $2.55 million dollar jury verdict on a $250,000 defense offer by Secura Insurance company for an 83-year-old man’s wrongful death in Macomb County.
- Steven Gursten moderated the first ever Advanced Motor Vehicle Litigation Seminar, sponsored by the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association. Steve is president of the organization.
- Two of our lawyers were named in the Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan. What is really nice about this is that this is based upon peer recognition from thousands of Michigan lawyers, and of the top 100 lawyers in Michigan, only six cover plaintiff personal injury law and of the six, only three really specialize in car and truck accident litigation.
- Ten of our attorneys were named Michigan Super Lawyers.
- In 2012, our lawyers spoke at 12 legal seminars, educating other lawyers on topics related to personal injury litigation and trial advocacy, both in Michigan and throughout the country.
Here’s a list of our 2012 legal seminars:
- “Auto Accident Claims: The Influence of Colossus on Recoveries,” Strafford; CLE Webinar, November 2012
- “Helping Accident Victims: A Fresh Approach for Injury Lawyers,” TAOS Injury Lawyers; Jackson Hole, WY, October 2012
- “Understanding Auto Insurance Industry Tactics,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI, September, 2012
- “New Ways to Overcome Jury Bias and Increase Personal Injury Damages,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI, August 2012
- “How to Maximize Damages in Truck Accident Lawsuits,” 360 Advocacy Institute; Las Vegas, August 2012
- “How Titan Insurance v. Hyten Affects Victims,” Negligence Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan; Troy, MI, August 2012
- “Getting the Highest Car Accident Settlement,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; July 2012
- “How to Get the Highest Settlement in Car Accident Cases,” American Association for Justice; New Orleans, LA, May 2012
- “How Bus and Truck Accident Lawsuits are Different,” New Jersey Association for Justice; Atlantic City, NJ, April 2012
- “Increasing Settlements in Auto Accident Tort Practices,” Florida Justice Association; Orlando, FL; March 2012
- “Representing Auto Accident Victims at Trial,” Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI, March 2012
- “A Career as a Personal Injury Lawyer,” Wayne State University Law School; Detroit, MI February 2012
- “Winning Trucking Cases,” National Trial Lawyers; Miami, FL; January 2012
As always, if you have any questions, please call us. We’re here to help you, make sure you feel comfortable with your case, and to make sure you understand your lawsuit every step of the way.
Here’s to an even better 2013.