This holiday was estimated to be the highest travel weekend since 2008.
Here are a few Michigan Labor Day travel figures from AAA Michigan, according to an article on the Detroit Free Press: Labor Day Travel figures expected to be strong.
- 2.9% more people were estimated to travel at least 50 miles from home this holiday compared to last year.
- 33 million people were estimated to drive between Thursday and today (up from 32.1 million over the holiday weekend last year).
- 85% of travelers this holiday were estimated to travel by car.
- There was an estimated 3.1% increase in automobile travel this year.
Here are some Labor Day safe driving tips from one of our past blogs.
– Steve Gursten is an attorney at Michigan Auto Law, Michigan’s largest law firm specializing in helping people injured in auto accidents. He frequently writes about safe driving and is available for comment.
Michigan Auto Law helps people injured in car, truck and motorcycle accidents throughout the state. We have offices in Farmington Hills, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids and Sterling Heights. Call (800) 777-0028 to speak with one of our lawyers.