With a law office in Sterling Heights, our auto accident attorneys give you a list of local roads to avoid
Our attorneys handle numerous car and truck accident cases on the east side of Michigan, and many years ago we opened up our Sterling Heights law office for our Macomb County clients. So it was with particular interest that we read the new data from the South East Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) that shows the intersections with the most auto accidents in Sterling Heights.
We hope the following information will remind you to take extra caution in these areas, which can become increasingly congested with shoppers, people taking their kids to school and rush hour traffic stemming from all of the local businesses and subdivisions.
Sterling Heights, Michigan intersections with the highest number of car accidents by number of crashes
- 15 Mile Rd and Ryan Road, 57 car accidents
- North M-53/Van Dyke Ramp and 18 1/2 Mile Road, 48 car accidents
- 18 1/2 Mile Rd and Van Dyke Avenue, 46 car accidents
- 14 Mile Road and Ryan Road, 43 car accidents
- 19 Mile Rd and Hayes Road, 42 car accidents
- South M-53/Van Dyke Ramp and 18 1/2 Mile Road, 39 car accidents
- Schoenherr Road and 15 Mile Road, 37 car accidents
- 18 1/2 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue, 35 car accidents
- 14 Mile Road and Schoenherr Road, 33 car accidents
- 14 Mile Road and Dequindre Road, 31 car accidents
Additional Sterling Heights car accident resources
Many insurance companies require customers who have been involved in a car crash, or who are collecting their mini-tort from a wrongdoer driver, to obtain a copy of the auto accident police report for insurance claims processing.
If you were involved in a traffic accident within the city of Sterling Heights, you can order your traffic accident report.
If you were involved in a car or truck accident within Macomb County, you can now order a Macomb County Sheriff accident report online.
Now that the weather is warming up many Michigan residents will be hitting the road for spring break and summer vacations. For more local resources and safety tips about various Michigan cities, take a look at our Local Resources Guide for Michigan Car Accidents.
- Steven Gursten is a Sterling Heights auto accident attorney and head of Michigan Auto Law. He is president of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association. Steve frequently blogs about safe driving and Michigan roads to avoid, and is available for comment.
Related information to protect yourselves:
Michigan Auto Law is the largest law firm exclusively handling car accident, truck accident and motorcycle accident cases throughout the entire state. Call (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our Sterling Heights auto accident attorneys today.